Thursday, June 4, 2009

Porto - The City of Bridges

Arrived in Portugal's second city yesterday and hopped in a cab at the airport for the short trip to Porto's city centre.

I'm staying at The Yellow House, which is one of Porto's newest hostels. Have a look at the spotless dorm, complete with balcony! Also, the owners gave me some info on top-notch restaurants and bars. Going to check a couple out tonight.

Went on a boat trip down the Douro River yesterday afternoon. It was really enjoyable and a great way to see Porto's six famous bridges. I'm here in Porto to collect information on bars, restaurants and attractions for our 57th free pocket guide. You can check out the other 56 here.

Now I think it's time for me to hit the shops. Santa Catarina, here I come!

Rebecca
Hostelworld.com

No comments: