Friday, June 19, 2009

Last full day in Zurich

And today it decided to rain!

Went out to Winterthur this morning, a town about twenty minutes from Zurich in the S-Bahn. As well as having numerous museums and some top-notch shopping, it also hosts a food market that I was able to check out this morning.



When I got back to the city itself, it had started to rain but armed with my umbrella I wandered down Limmatquai. All along this stretch, you'll find numerous shops, as well as cafes galore. Stopped for lunch in Cafe Odeon and tried out their in-house take on rosti, which you can see here.



Also strolled along Bahnhofstrasse which was still busy despite the weather, as you can see.

Heading back to Dublin tomorrow but before I go I'll have time to visit a couple of the city's Saturday markets!

Rebecca
Hostelworld.com

No comments: