Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oslo - Day 3



Another rainy day in Oslo, but still a good one! Recorded a podcast at the Oslo Opera House. Got to have a look at two of the three stage areas and I also learned a lot more about the kind of performances they host. As well as hosting a plethora of cultural events, the building itself is pretty interesting. You can even go walking around on the roof!

Later on, I had a wander around an area of Oslo called Grünerløkka to the east of the city centre. I love areas like this, filled with alternative stores, cool bars and a great selection of cafes abd restaurants. Plenty of places to duck into to wait out the rain and soak up the atmosphere.

Tomorrow, I'm heading out to Bygdoy. It should apparently take around 20 minutes by bus from the National Theatre, which is cool. There are lots of museums in this neighbourhood, including the Viking Ship Museum where I'll be recording my last Oslo podcast!

Now though, time for some food!

Rebecca
Hostelworld.com

No comments: