Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oslo - Day 2

A rainy day in Oslo today, although it seems to be clearing up nicely now so hopefully I'll see some sunshine tomorrow.



Spend the morning in the Nobel Peace Center, one of the most interesting attractions I've visited so far here in Oslo. After getting a really awesome tour, I recorded a podcast with the Center's Director. I'd definitely recommend the Center to anyone visiting Oslo. Very informative, plus lots of really cool interactive stuff too.

Went to a few of Oslo's top-notch galleries today too, including the National Gallery which is free. I checked out the Munch Museum as well. Security on the way in is very tight but the museum is well-worth a look.

Had dinner in the Rice Bowl Thai Cafe on Youngsgate. It was really delicious and great value too. The place was packed full of locals with a very lively atmosphere. Would go back!

Tomorrow, I'm going to head to the Oslo Opera House first for another podcast. Then hopefully the sun will we out and I can go check out the Vigeland Sculpture Park!

Rebecca
Hostelworld.com

No comments: